09 April, 2010

Over a Month Later...An Update!

Much has happened. For instance, I turned twenty last Sunday! Additionally, I finished all my field study paperwork and handed that in! That's great.

Jutta Sperling will, very shortly, no longer be my committee member; Constance Valis Hill will be taking her place. Constance is determined to get me to do more performance, which is probably a good thing, all in all.

And I just learned that, at least in Israel, there's such a thing as clown therapy. That's very exciting to me. I had considered going into the field of art therapy, and now I'm very vaguely considering this. My only real qualm about this is having to take psychology courses...and having some medical knowledge (since this sort of thing takes place in pediatric hospitals).

One thing I've been increasingly interested about, and something I may or may not look into more and write more about, is how one's clown character reflects one's personality in some ways. It's something I've noticed in myself, certainly, and in James...and possibly in others, as well. I just think it would make a kind of fascinating study. I guess I think of my own character as being me, but more so. Amplify the shyness (that has begun to exist less in the past few years), amplify the need to please and the desire to be loved (though they're already huge, they are by no means painfully obvious)...that's my girl. Haha.

Anyway, I'm a terrible college student in that I'm already exhausted at twenty of twelve on a Friday night. I'm probably going to brush my teeth and head to bed. But I thought an update was in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment