20 April, 2010

Puppets! Clowns! Baked Goods! Oh my!

Went to see a puppet show in Northampton today, at the Academy of Music. It was the Crabapple Puppet Theatre Company's "The Last Dragon on Earth." It was cute, and the audience was made up of at least 75% of persons under the age of eight. They used hand puppets, rod puppets, and shadow puppets. I had kind of been expecting marionettes, but I'm not disappointed. Hand puppets always remind me of Mr. Rogers and, for some reason, Lady Elaine Fairchild in particular. I think it's because she looks like Mr. Punch, and he's kind of the quintessential hand puppet.

What with all the children and the puppets and the fact that I'm wearing a very colorful sweater, I decided to put on my clown nose after the performance, for the duration of the bus ride back to Hampshire and the walk to my room. Being a clown in public...well, having never really done it before, so I had a hard time figuring out what to do. I decided to just be my clown persona, albeit passively. I bounced a bit more when I walked, I sat cross-legged on the bus seat - little things like that.

Then I came back to my room and James, who is currently at his parents' house in Maryland, informed me that he has a shiny new baking blog! I'm very excited about this development.

The rest of the day sees me finishing an Italian composition, watching a film for Screen Comedy...maybe doing more artwork (I've been doing quite a bit lately) and/or reading about clowns. Off I go, to my excruciatingly productive day. =]

2 comments:

  1. Way to mention my blog but not link it.

    You should wave at people in a clowny manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did so link it. That there is a link.

    And I wanted to wave at people in a clowny manner, but no one looked in my direction. It was most distressing.

    ReplyDelete