11 February, 2010

A Chair!

As of last night, I have a Division II chair, a one Mr. Thomas J. Haxo. I am ridiculously excited about this turn of events (though at this point, I was pretty sure I'd have him, anyway).
Throughout my pre-college education, I frequently had teachers with whom I had really strong relationships; these were teachers who were interesting and who thought I was interesting, and I learned a lot from these individuals. In high school, I had three of them (more or less). When I got to college, I was a little disappointed because there wasn't a professor with whom I could connect in the same way. Until, of course, fall of my second year.
I took In Search of Character with Thom. He taught me how to make papier mache masks, among other things (I made the Crow mask in his class as part of my final project). And he was that professor I had been looking for, the one who would be able to help me explore my potential - as an artist, and also as a person.
I will probably never cease speaking highly of Thom. He is pretty excellent, on the whole.
So, yesterday was ranting about an art teacher, and today is praising a art teacher. So it goes. But it's good to know that there's someone in art who has similar ideas and values as mine. Yaaaay.
Other news? Slept late today and missed the bus to Italian. It's all right, I suppose. Group therapy at 3:30, and then catching the 5:40 bus to Smith for a screening (depending on my mood; I might just watch the movie here at James's house).
Since I missed the bus anyway, I decided to go back to bed and sleep in, which ended up being until ten o'clock, which wasn't my plan. But that's all right, because I guess that means I'm pretty well-rested. I've gotten quite a bit of my Italian homework done, and I'll work on some reading in a little while.
What else can I say? Circus signage seems to be going well for the most part - trying to get a bunch of stuff to happen this semester.
Also, had a lovely dinner with Luke and Emily and Ella last night. That sort of thing needs to happen far more often.
Aaaand...I think I'm done boring everyone with the mundane-ness of the latter part of this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment