15 February, 2010

Job Interview/More on the Div II front/Gallery

This weekend...actually wasn't extremely eventful, but was. Somehow.

I ate venison for the first time yesterday. Verdict: yummy.

I had a job interview this afternoon as an assistant in New Student Programs. Went well. Hoping I'll get the job.

Emailed my soon-to-be committee about how my Div II contract is coming along. It's been suggested that I "phrase your interests more in terms of the kinds of studies you'd like to pursue. Your mentioning of your passion about puppets and creating is good, but it should lead into a more abstract description of the kinds of disciplines and methodologies you wish to learn about.

You also need to have a few preliminary ideas about MCP and community service."

That, of course, was not Thom but my member, Jutta. She's going to serve to make my Div II more academic, it looks like, since I'm so very drifty about academic stuff. She's going to bring in more of the art theory and art history stuff. And structure, probably. Bah, structure.

I have recently found out about a gallery in Boston whose upcoming theme is Circus/Sideshow/etc. stuff. And I want to submit something, probably in mask form. I'm just stuck right now on what that might be. I need to figure out soon-ish, though, because the deadline is March 15th. Eep! Any ideas are more than welcome. What says "circus" to you and can be interpreted into mask form?

Also, ideas for a new blog name. The one that I have right now is a stand-in until I can think of something more clever. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment